Business Consultation & Dispute Avoidance
Relationships evolve and problems arise. It is essential that businesses have policies and procedures in place to ensure all people in the company feel respected, heard, valued. In addition to commonsense policies and procedures, an understanding of business law, employment law, contracts, and emotional processes is essential in not just resolving conflicts, but also avoiding problems altogether.
Cantor Law consults with small and medium size firms to help resolve conflicts without litigation, and also implement strategies to help avoid problems. Just like yearly check-ups with a personal physician, Cantor Law recommends yearly reviews of our clients’ policies and procedures, and we keep our clients abreast of emerging issues in labor and employment law. Cantor Law acts as in-house counsel for those firms too small to afford a full-time in-house counsel.
- Payroll & Paystubs – time tracking and accurate itemized wage statements
- Meal & Rest Break Compliance
- Overtime Compliance, including applicable exemptions
- Independent Contractors vs. Employees
- Leaves of Absence, Sick Time, PTO, Disability Accommodations
- Employee Handbooks
- Enforceable Arbitration Agreements
- Severance, Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Social Media and Privacy Policies
- Grievance and Investigation Practices
To learn more about your rights and how we can help, contact Cantor Law by calling (213) 674-0325 to schedule a free initial consultation.